There is a gamut of posts on how to be frugal this V. Day. Well quit it. Just for today anyway ;)

Or be frugal so you can help us make this the best Valentine's Day for complete strangers.

Be frugal so you can donate a small amount to SOS Children's Village today or for the rest of the month during the Share the Love Challenge.

Yesterday I hit the 100 subscriber mark, so I know that 100 of you out there will at least get this post. Even if only half of you can help with a $10 donation we could donate $500 to SOS Children's Village!

This is my wish for Valentine's Day. I have a loving husband, a sweet babe on the way, cuddly cats a dogs, a roof over my head and a decent income, I don't need chocolates, cards, or fancy presents or meals.

"SOS Children's Villages focuses on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children's Villages and SOS Youth Facilities they experience reliable relationships and love once again, meaning that they can recover from what they have experienced, which has often been traumatic. They grow up in a stable family environment, and are supported individually until they become independent young adults." SOS Children's Villages What We Do

I know I don't have all you fabulous subscribers on my blogroll. easy to remedy if you leave me a comment or send an email, I like new reading! I am challenging all of you though, a reminder of who you are (and thanks to those who have donated, including Four Pillars who donated $50 a few days ago!):

Canadian PF Bloggers


Other PF Bloggers from around the world

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the link.

    Actually we just donated $20 (not $50).

    Mike
    Anonymous said...
    Hey there - I finally donated the $25 I'd promised, after a week without Sbux - just today. However, I did it through the 'anonymous' function they offered on their site -- not because I'm all humble or anything, but I didn't want to donate once, and get a lifetime of further requests for donations. (I don't mean that to sound harsh. I once gave to RedCross after the tsunami, and despite my specific request, got spammed and mailed for years after. So now I'm leary: note to all not-for-profits --- don't scare away your potential one-off donors!).
    So, add $25 to your grand total, month end.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.