Meal Planning Monday- Week Two

I planned my meals on paper, made a grocery list, and then forgot the list in the kitchen when I went to the store. So I winged it and I managed to remember everything that was on there, thank goodness.

Here is this week's meal plan:

  1. Roast chicken (that was tonight) plus veggies, raw cut up to keep it simple. Ginger cookies that I made today from this recipe. They are pretty yummy.
  2. Roast chicken and cooked veggies- green beans, broccoli and potatoes.
  3. Tacos- corn tortillas, ground buffalo, tomato, cucumber, avocado, cheese.
  4. Stir fry- beef, rice, bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage.
  5. Homemade pizza- homemade crust in bread maker, cheese (of course), spinach, bell peppers.
  6. Chili with ground turkey. Mr W. makes this and I believe it has garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and black beans, bell peppers etc.
  7. Prawns- stir fried with Cajun spice, salad.

I bought bagels and cream cheese for a change of breakfast and some more soup for lunch. I also made applesauce on the weekend from apples from our tree. I have bananas, mandarin oranges still I bought a few weeks ago, plus the apples from our tree (3 boxes in cold storage). I also have canned peaches I did in the summer, which make a nice dessert after dinner.

I spent $60 today (included cat food, margarine, tea etc.) and will plan for another $30-$35 at the veggie market later in the week. Mr W. has been away but it looks like he will be back for at least a week so yippee! I get a break from some of the cooking.

Groceries bought this month: $213

Money saved on meal planning: $39

3 Comments:

  1. SavingDiva said...
    Wow! That's quite a list of meals! Last night I ate a bagel with cream cheese!
    Anonymous said...
    Yummy! Looks fantastic, as usual. :)

    I think I'm going to try making the ginger snaps with vegan egg substitute at the beginning of December. I always loved ginger snaps at Christmas as a child!
    Anonymous said...
    Ok, I know it's not December, but I went ahead and made the ginger snaps, and they are FANTASTIC!!! :) I substituted margarine for the shortening (because one of the comments suggested it), and vegan egg substitute for the egg, and it worked perfectly. They took me a little longer to cook (don't know if it was the egg sub or the margarine), but so far they've been a big hit! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.