Flew on a seaplane!

Yesterday I flew on a de Havilland Beaver seaplane. What a lot of fun. I was flying from the Island to the mainland to catch my flight up north. Flights from the island can be expensive so I usually take the ferry to save costs (for business it means more $$ for my wages if I can save on travel). The sea plane cost $55 one way, which is pretty reasonable considering a regular flight would cost $100+ one way.

The great part was that we flew at low elevation in this small seaplane (there were 6 seats for passengers) over the beautiful Gulf Islands. And it was a gorgeous sunny, calm day. Flight took 20 minutes (as opposed to hours on the ferry) and we were there.

The downside was that I didn't realize this company did not have a free shuttle to the airport like another company did, so I had to pay an additional $16 for taxi fees L Live and learn. I am already booked to go back with that company to go back. Next time I will look into flying with a company which has a free shuttle, might be cheaper.

No snow up here yet… it is hovering around 2 and rainy so it could be any day. I am mostly prepared with warm clothes, but since I am in meetings and not doing field work, all is fine J

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Neat - I flew on one of those about 20 years ago - lots of fun.

    Mike
    krystalatwork said...
    That sounds awesome! I've never been on a seaplane before, but I've always wanted to.

    $55 one way is very reasonable!
    Anonymous said...
    Oooh, colour me jealous! :)

    Running off to add "Ride on a seaplane" to my "To do before I die" list...
    SavingDiva said...
    Wow! Sounds super cool! :)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.