Vacation on credit

Arghhhh I am so frustrated with one of my university jobs. I only work at this job about 60 hours a month, but it brings in a little extra income. Due to a funding issue I have not been paid for 56 hours I worked in June, and I was counting on this money. Because it is extra $$ I can use it for things such as our upcoming 4 day holiday we have planned with friends in the Okanagan. Yesterday I was happy because I received an email saying the money had been released and I could pick up a cheque. This morning the administrative assistant emailed and said that she was unable to write a cheque and that I would have to continue to wait but that "they would put a rush on it." About $400 of this would have been put towards our trip! The rest is for daily living expenses while I wait for invoices to be paid. Because the trip is planned and because I know that some of my invoices are on their way to being paid I guess we will put this trip on credit and be sure to pay it off before the due date so as to not incur any interest charges. Sigh...

Anyway, I am looking forward to the trip (and it is too late to cancel). We are staying with relatives, and can cook there, so we save $$ on accommodation. We are planning to do a little golf (on easy courses for me, and that means cheaper courses), and visit a few wineries. This is the second year we have done this and it was a lot of fun last year. It also doubles as a nice anniversary trip for Mr W. and I.

You all enjoy your long weekend for those who have it!

3 Comments:

  1. John Champaign said...
    I'm always shocked at how willing companies and large organizations are to let bills go unpaid for lengthy periods of time. I get *angry* when I'm not paid (I pay my bills on time, so why can't my clients?) so I feel your pain...
    krystalatwork said...
    Yikes, that's awful! I can't believe they would do something like that. It's so unprofessional of them. Hopefully they get their act together ASAP!

    I hope you have a great time on your vacation. I'm jealous of you, it's beautiful there this time of the year.
    SavingDiva said...
    I can't believe they think that is okay! I hope you're paid soon.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.