Diaper inspiration

Thanks to reader's encouragement and Nancy's challenge (I use cloth diapers today and she will make her lunch and take it to work) I got through the day using cloth diapers for the most part. I forgot early this morning - too groggy to do much other than reach for the disposable diaper at hand.

I did a calculation, hoping for that to inspire me. My parents have asked us if we all want to go to Maui with them this January. Oh yes, want to. Can afford to? Jury is still out on that one. But saving money using my cloth diapers takes us one step closer, even if it is a pipe dream!

So there are 72 diapers / pkg we buy at WalMart for $13.99 + tax. At 6 diapers a day these would cost us $485 (approx) a year in diapers. Not to mention the unnecessary waste. If I could cut this in half, that would pay for a couple nights in Hawaii :)

But oh my... the laundry... it sure is stinky :(:(

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey, looks like we did it! And for what it's worth, I had a stinky lunch (goat cheese) lol. Thanks for doing this with me.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.