Tax update

I did manage to file our taxes this morning, despite government having problems with their system. I just was patient and got through. I also managed to pay since my bank wasn't affected by such glitches (darn!). I owed around $16k and Mr W owed around $1k - this is the tax on self-employment earnings, and I hadn't paid much tax all year.

All done. Every year I say I won't do it myself again, and every year I do. Talking to an accountant helped though and I was much more thorough this year in checking all possible deductions for the business. Some I missed last year:
1. Property taxes
2. Interest on business portion of vehicle loan
3. House insurance

I am actually considering asking for a revision to last year's taxes because I was very negligent in claiming business use of home expenses. Tsk tsk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.