The rain! The rain!

Oh it is November and the rain is here on the wetcoast. Just came back from a pretty soggy dog walk. One of my dogs was pretty happy to be out because he has a thick coat so doesn't mind being wet. He ran around full of energy after being cooped up in the house. The other dog was pretty unhappy to be out and stuck to me like glue, dragging herself the whole way. Dogs are pretty funny! But I can't complain. I heard on the radio that women should make sure they get at least 30 minutes of vigorous exercise each day to reduce their chances of heart disease (along with eating healthy and not smoking). If everyone had a big dog or two they would have no problem getting this exercise! My dogs remind me every day at 430 that it is time to go for a walk and they are relentless, shadowing me around the house until we go. I admit there are days when we don't go, but overall I do walk every day of the week. Now that Mr W is back it is nice too because he comes on the walks with us all, and we like to go exploring or geocaching at the end of the work day whenever possible.

Mr W is cooking and made a menu substitution tonight- we felt like veggie burgers. I hadn't bought all my groceries anyway on the weekend so all is a-ok! Veggie burgers and settling down on a rainy night with my honey to watch Survivor.

Groceries spent: $258

Money saved on meal planning: $45

2 Comments:

  1. mariam said...
    Your post made me smile. I would love a dog but they take so much work and I know it wouldn't be fair for me to be out all day

    What type of dogs do you have and pics?
    Ms. M&P said...
    I love relaxing at the end of a rainy day. Dog walking, on the other hand, not as fun in the rain!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.