My GPA is 2.0

So this blog made it onto Hustler's Personal Finance’s Graduating Class of 2007 but it is listed as blogging only once or twice a month, which is generally not the case. I make every effort to blog 4-6 times a week. Mr Cheap and Four Pillars have discussed this milestone in PF blogging where there is an expectation of 5 posts a week, which requires some dedication. And thought, and variety- sometimes my posts are only peripherally related to finance...

Hustler's post was in good fun though (and a lot of work!), and it is interesting to see how everyone chalks up in terms of posting and readership. I do not have a large feed readership, so this is probably the reason why my GPA is 2.0 (being the academic I am let me tell you I have NEVER had such a GPA :)). I would need another 25 readers or so to get into the next class. While it is true I am not in the top of the class, I don't think it matters- I have made great connections with people already, I enjoy reading and commenting on the blogs on my blogroll. I can work on my readership over the next little while now, thanks to other bloggers, I figured out how to add the site feed properly and manage the feed using feedburner.

6 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    2.0 GPA is for newly minted blogger or people who posted one or twice a month. You fall into the newly minted blogger. Thanks for the link though.

    Hustler
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the link.

    Yes, the list of sites was very long - must have been a lot of work to try to sort it all out!

    Mike
    Louise said...
    Yes I was one of your classmates! I wonder if our grade will improve next time!
    Kevin Surbaugh said...
    I made a 3.0 GPA and my blog will be 2-years old come next March. I am thinking about throwing a party for that blogaversary.
    mariam said...
    Have you thought about sending your posts to carnivals, WW? I did that twice and it did get me a spike in readership but then it requires that I write something good, lol. That becomes a challenge as I just fool around :)
    SavingDiva said...
    I'm also a 2.0 blogger!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.