As I mentioned previously this is the first year we attempted to plan ahead for Christmas, and to be as frugal as possible, while meeting all the gift needs. So far only two people have given us unexpected gifts, prompting me to think of something to give back (cause that is the way I am). One I have covered with a homemade gift, the other we may buy some alcohol of some sort, but haven't yet.

Brief roundup of spending:

Mr W's Family:

BUDGETED: $240
SPENT: $205 DIFFERENCE OF -$35

My Family:

BUDGETED: $135
SPENT: $135 DIFFERENCE OF $0

Friends:

BUDGETED: $150
SPENT: $154 DIFFERENCE OF $4

Total spending: $494

Not a bad effort for first time Christmas planners but I realized I goofed by not including the presents Mr W and I bought for each other. I spent about $40 on Mr W this year, and I think he spent around the same but am not sure.

Mr W is still in bed but has a day of heading out to the shops- he is not done his Christmas shopping. She who writes this blog is, thank goodness, but Mr W loves to shop at the last minute. I don't have to go with him so I am not complaining.

Me, I am working up the energy to give the dogs a bath so they will get lots of family petting over the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.